Considering I am in fact homosexual, I could biased, however, according to the United States National Survey of Family Growth, I am starting to think the cool side of being gay is to blame for more girls kissing girls.
According to this study, and the Huffington Post article that I read about it, there has been a slight increase in the number of 17 year old girls who report having same-sex encounters. And I honest to God think it’s because it’s cool/hot/sexy in this male-appeasing society for women to kiss each other. Simply the consider the facts:
- In 2003, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera kiss Madonna at the MTV Video Music Awards and just like that the kiss is all over the world. (As a side note to those who are disappointed that Lady Gaga and Britney Spears didn’t kiss at the more recent VMA’s, Britney told CNN long ago that she would only ever kiss Madonna).
- In 2008, Katy Perry goes from not so well know celebrity known on an international level with “I Kissed A Girl” made Katy Perry go from a d-list celebrity to an international pop icon, and only offended some people in the process.
- Time Magazine attempts to explain the noted trend in 2010, calling a blatant growth in our societies sexuality, labeling it “heterosexuality.”
But Time Magazine is wrong, at least in my opinion. And really, to some extent I think Britney Spears, Madonna, Katy Perry, and Christina Aguilera are also wrong for engaging in this behavior.
I say this because it’s exactly what truly heterosexual men want everywhere. According to an article in the Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality titled “Correlates of Heterosexual Men’s Eroticization of Lesbianism,” heterosexual men are hormonally programmed to respond ten fold to lesbianism, including girls kissing girls.
So, basically, girls are kissing other girls to be found attractive by men. This isn’t okay with me.
Now certainly there is a segment of the population that is homosexual, believe me I know, I am a part of it. However, it very much concerns me when young women are no longer doing what they want and doing what others want (particularly men) in order to be found attractive.
Other Posts iREADray.com that you might enjoy:
- Oh My God, I Mean Britney Spears
- Cucumbers and Bananas are Sexually Arousing, At Least To Some
- Fear Is So Gay, But Then So Am I